Dentists are licensed to practice dentistry on both children and adults - but pediatric dentistry is a specialized field that requires up to three additional years of additional schooling.
The pediatric dentists on our staff are teachers as well as healers, able to communicate facts and information in a way that children can understand. Many children learn their best oral hygiene habits from our pediatric dentists, including:
- Feeling comfortable in a dentist's office
- How to avoid tooth decay
- Making good dietary choices
From infancy through the teenage years, pediatric dentistry focuses not only on proper oral hygiene habits, but on dental issues specific to children. Tooth decay is a chronic disease that is the most common among children - five times more common than asthma.
Around your child's first birthday is usually the right time to schedule an appointment to see our pediatric dentistry experts. We look forward to meeting you and your child!
To schedule an appointment for your child, call Greece Pediatric Dentistry LLP today.
Why Choose Us?
- Board Certified, experienced dentists trained to work on children
- Personalized, gentle care
- Over three decades serving the Rochester community
- Full service pediatric care providers including some orthodontics